Carpets have been installed throughout the common area hallways at Cottonwood Crossing to reduce ambient noise and bring a comfortable, homey feel to the apartment community.
But carpets can quickly become soiled and stained when mistreated!
Here are some tips to prevent carpet stains so that Cottonwood Crossing can keep its reputation as a warm and inviting apartment community!
- DO take out trash, recycling, and compost directly to the dumpster and trash collection areas (don’t leave bags sitting in hallway)
- DO sort organics into your compost bin and dispose of your compost separately to reduce the likelihood of leaks in your trash bags
- DO double-bag any trash, recycling, and compost bags to prevent possible leaks as you bring your these bags to the dumpster area
- DO immediately report any spills or stains by submitting an online maintenance request
- DO use the designated storage areas for bikes or rent an individual storage unit for all recreational equipment to reduce tracking of debris throughout the building
- DON’T leave trash bags sitting on the floor (even if for just a second) — including outside your front door in the hallway!
- DON’T store bikes or other recreational equipment inside your apartment, which could lead to tracking of debris
- DON’T wait to report spills or stains because they can often be removed if reported immediately